Sunday, February 19, 2006

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!?!?!


When you see this picture, what do you think?? I ask this because something terrible has happened in my neighborhood that included this young man that has me furious.


Andy Aviles was like a brother to me. Best friends with my brother they seemed inseperable. It was always good to see Andy around, but one day he went off to the military to become a marine. I couldn't have been more proud of him. That pride turned into hurt when Andy was killed in the war on April 7, 2003. I was a senior in highschool. Over the years, friends and family have made and maintained a memorial for Andy at the end of Dale Mabry Highway where the street intersects with Interbay Blvd. The memorial included this same picture, flowers, notes, a cross, rosary, and many other artifacts.


The crazy thing that happened was the other day, the memorial was gone. Someone took everything except the cross and rosary. No one knows why, but "why" is not what I want to know. In fact, all of Andy's friends just want to know "WHO." Who would do something so awful?? Andy was a soldier, so he is buried in DC at Arlington Cemetary. The memorial was one of the few places people could go to be with Andy. I am so blown that something like this happened. What kind of ignorant fool would do something like this??? It had to be someone who would not realize how much this would anger and hurt a whole community. All I know is that what goes around comes around and he or she or they will get what they deserve for such a terrible act.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home