Sunday, March 26, 2006

The question never answered...


I am on a roll now. I had a block on my mind for awhile and couldn't write any poems, but I am back and in action. Enjoy... PS: THIS POEM WAS ORIGINALLY WRITTEN IN JANUARY. I AM OVER THIS GUY THANKFULLY...




It was like a dream come true,
the day that I met you.
Your eyes made you shy,
and your actions had me wondering why.

You barely talked to me at first,
I had to get in your face.
You were the finest thing I had seen in a minute,
and I wanted to know all I could know before you went to your base.

From the first day I saw you,
I wanted to be with you.
That's why I didn't mind rushing,
cuz I believed my feelings were true.

The kiss was magnificent,
the love was great.
Sex might have been short,
but you had been gone, so I didn't hate.

I fell for you hard as hell,
wanting to talk to you everyday.
It was hard to be away from you,
but I was gonna be there for you and stay.

You told me it was hard for you to love,
that you had been hurt bad before.
I told you that I was never gonna leave,
I would never walk out that door.

The whole time you were away,
I did everything I could to keep you sane.
I showered you with love and gifts,
I tried to take away all the rain.

I loved you with all my heart,
harder than ever before.
I did things for you I would never have imagined,
and kept doing them when you asked for more.

I would have married you if you asked,
no matter how unconventional we were.
I believed in fate for the first time,
it was a relationship regardless of how it did occur.

Everyone in my life knew about you,
they thought u were the best.
The man of my life forever,
better than all the rest.

Then something odd happened,
you acted like you didn't care.
All those late nights of talks and laughter,
out the door and to come back was rare.

I knew it, but couldn't admit it,
I was definently losing you.
Did I do something wrong,
to make the situation seem so new?

But being as strong as I am,
I held on with that love.
I refused to give up on you,
I was supposed to be your shinning dove.

I did what you asked still,
couldn't get mad at you if I tried.
Now when I look back at it,
I would have rather rolled over and died.

I've been through my mad faze,
thought I was gonna hurt you before.
But that didn't last that long,
it only made me love you much more.

Why is my mind backwards,
is it cuz that's how we started?
Married before love,
and sex before knowledge.

So, yeah I have a broken heart,
it's not the first one in my time.
But for many reasons on end,
it's making me lose my mind.

I have still tried to reach out for you,
called you on special days.
Let you know I still cared,
in mutiple polite ways.

I once heard if a guy cares about you,
but needs to let you go.
He will take the easy way out,
and never will his feelings show.

Instead of telling you why,
and giving you some closure.
He will dodge your calls and you,
hoping you will understand it's over.

So, I am guessin this is your deal,
but to me it's a cop out.
Doing this to the one who did things for you I never dared before,
and not expect me to scream and shout.

So, I said I was gonna let go,
and to think about it I am trying.
Then I read or see something that reminds me of you,
and I remember then, inside I am dying.

So simple it would be to tell me,
maybe even to lie.
Just say that you never cared,
and you used me to squeeze me dry.

Say that it was when I tried to catch you,
meeting girls off the net.
That you realized we were getting too close,
and it was time to end the bet.

Because all that has to be the truth,
any other reason I could not bare.
To think that you did love me,
and left me like this, you wouldn't dare.

I believe I can accept that,
I will never understand.
Your ways may hurt me,
but the truth I cant demand.

My best bet is to delete you,
all your numbers, e-mails, and other.
Let go of what we had,
and understand that I should have listened to your brother.

Just know that this was deep,
a love that is never forgotten.
I jumped off the cliff and fell in love with you,
yet it hurt when you did not catch me at the bottom.

I would say we can be friends,
but the thought makes me cry.
Don't worry about lil' oh me,
or me ever asking you again "WHY?"

It was like a dream come true,
the day that I met you.
Your eyes made you shy,
and your actions had me wondering why.


STEEN

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home